NAFION® N438 is a new product in the 400 series family. It
has a new PTFE monofilament reinforcement with high strength but
flatter profile than NAFION® N424. It is also expected that edge leakage
will be reduced and expansion characteristics will be more uniform.
This membrane represents the state-of-the art in fabric reinforced
cation exchange membranes.
- Form: Nafion® N438 is shipped in the "DRY" H+ form. "DRY" H+ membranes require simple pre-treatment in alkaline water. Refer to Nafion® Technical Bulletin No. 93-01 for "DRY" H+ membrane pretreatment.
- To ensure optimum performance of Nafion® N438 in a commercial electrolyzer, please contact Ion Power, GmbH.
- Note: The side marked CATH must be installed facing the cathode, otherwise, the membranes will be irreversibly damaged in use.
- Please Contact Us For Custom Dimensions +49 (0) 89 / 242 18 237
- Product cut to dimension +/- 1% at 50% RH